I do not currently, nor have I ever owned a #Gretsch. But when the time comes (and trust me, it WILL come!) to add one to the ol’ #guitar collection, it will likely be one of these. #Chet #Atkins #solid #body #G6121-1955. I have a thing for guitars that wear #leather… ;)
Starting to get into Vince Gill. Dude can flat out play. Also in clip: Jerry Douglas!
I have the weirdest craving for Pizza Hut. Who has Pizza Hut cravings?
It’s recently been brought to my attention that I curse too much at work.
The old me wouldn’t have cared. The new me (as of this moment) is going to try and tone it down.
Cursing is such an intrinsic part of my vocabulary, though!
Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the crap sound of 8-bit, all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided. It’s the sound of failure: so much modern art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart. The distorted guitar sound is the sound of something too loud for the medium supposed to carry it. The blues singer with the cracked voice is the sound of an emotional cry too powerful for the throat that releases it. The excitement of grainy film, of bleached-out black and white, is the excitement of witnessing events too momentous for the medium assigned to record them.
I’m on the last episode of season 3 of FNL and fuck man this show just stomps on your goddamn heart.
Tuesday night guitar shopping at the Long & McQuade store in Brampton (Toronto) Canada:
- You can tell it’s the “Eddie Cochran” signature by the P-90
- Dig the leather trim on this Chet Atkins solid body!
- See #3
- LEFTY DEAL OF THE WEEK: A recent American Std. Strat for only $600 CAD! That’s the lowest price I have seen on a used Am. Std. in good condition.
- A couple more reasonably good deals: MIM Cabronita Teles for $399 and $450 CAD (reg. price ~$700)
- You can tell it’s the Eddie Cochran signature becasue of the P-90… ;)
A solid-body Chet is on the bucket list, for sure.